“Take It to the Park” with Coca-Cola This Summer!
About America Is Your Park
- Coca-Cola is issuing a challenge to all Americans: “Take It to the Park,” get active and vote to help your favorite park win a grant as part of the fourth-annual America Is Your Park campaign. Being active is not only fun – it is an important part of a healthy lifestyle. And, what better place to get moving this summer than in the park!
- There are many ways people can vote for their favorite park, but it all starts with getting active. Active park-goers can vote by “checking in” from their favorite park, logging their daily fitness routine or clicking to vote online at Coke.com/parks.
- The park with the most votes will win a $100,000 recreation grant from The Coca-Cola Company and the coveted title of “America’s Favorite Park.” Second- and third-place parks will win $50,000 and $25,000, respectively. Another $15,000 will be awarded, at random, to a lucky park that comes in 4th to 25th on the leader board by the end of the contest.
How to Vote for Your Favorite Park
- Getting active in the park has never been more rewarding. Through America Is Your Park, people can turn their favorite fitness activities into votes for national, state and local parks this summer.
- Whether heading to the park for a run or a game of catch, people can “check in” using foursquare. Park lovers can “check in” once per day to earn five (5) votes for their park.
- Through a new partnership with MapMyFitness, people who log at least 20 minutes of physical activity each day can get 10 votes for their favorite park.
- For those who can’t get to the park, they can still vote online at Coke.com/Parks using a computer or smartphone. People can vote online once per day (each click is worth one vote).
- Park-goers can vote for their favorite national, state or local park from June 6 at midnight ET until 11:59 p.m. ET on July 15, 2013.
How to Get Involved
- Families and friends can join Coca-Cola in the park on “National Get Outdoors Day” (June 8) and the first day of summer (June 21) where votes will be doubled!
- Materials on Coke.com/parks make it easy for people to campaign for their local parks. The site includes a customizable poster/flyer, T-shirt logos, button designs and website templates.
America Is Your Park 2012 Winners
Last year’s fierce online campaign included more than 16,000 parks from around the country.
- Pratt Park in Prattville, AL, took home the title and $100,000 recreation grant. Pratt Park won by bringing their community together at events that featured "flash mob check-ins," voting stations, music and food. The grant will be used to build a family-friendly splash pad so residents have a place to play together.
- Krull Park in Olcott, NY, and Curry Hammock State Park in Marathon, FL, came in second- and third-place, taking home $50,000 and $25,000 grants, respectively. Additionally, Swift-Cantrell Park in Kennesaw, GA, was selected, at random, to receive a $15,000 “wildcard” grant.
Why Coca-Cola is Involved
- Coca-Cola is committed to being a part of the solution to obesity. This summer, the Company is setting a goal to inspire as many as 3 million people to have fun and get active in parks, on beaches, in gyms and recreation centers around the country.
- For more than 40 years, Coca-Cola has supported efforts to maintain and rebuild parks across the nation. To date, Coca-Cola has donated more than $14 million in recreation grants and partnerships to help keep families active in the great outdoors.
- America Is Your Park was developed in collaboration with the National Park Foundation, America's State Parks and the National Recreation and Park Association.
- Through America Is Your Park, Coca-Cola is keeping its promise to be a community partner and credible ally in the fight against obesity. For information on other ways Coca-Cola is bringing people together for good, visit ComingTogether.com.