Budget Binoculars For Birding: 5 Great Choices
- 1 Budget Binoculars For Birding: 5 Great Choices
As part of our best binoculars for birding review, we included a “budget binoculars for birding” category. Only one pair from this category made the final list of the best, but we reviewed a total of 5 great choices. Here are the 5 pairs we reviewed.
Budget Birding Binoculars Comparison Table
Budget Binoculars For Birding
This set of binoculars has bright, multicoated optics that help with clarity.
You’ll notice the lightweight and compact design making it easy to carry while on your bird watching adventure.
They have a striking high-eyepoint design for a clear field of view, which helps as you bring the birds into view on your outing. The Nikon Prostaff is a solid choice for beginners.
They measure 7×6.5×3.5 and weighs 4.8 ounces, making them feel light in your hands. This pair also features turn-and-slide rubber eyecups, which helps you adjust the eye relief to your level of comfort.
- Multilayer-coated kenses for brighter images
- High-reflectivity silver-alloy mirror coatings for a bright and clear view
- Turn-and-slide rubber multi-click eyecups
- Water Proof and Fogproof
Winner: Our Pick Budget Binoculars for Birding
The Celestron Nature DX 8×42 is our top pick for the best budget binoculars. They are mid-sized, making them comfortable in the field and genuinely are one of the favorites among bird watchers for this category.
You get the right combination of field of view, magnification, and up-close focus all for under $160. Even if your budget is slightly higher than this category, you may still want to consider choosing this model; you won’t be disappointed.
They have a stable 8x magnification, with a 7.4-degree field of view. They feature a Bak4 Prism Glass with Phase coating. Note that as you get close to your subject, the close focus distance is 6.5 feet, so it is best to utilize the magnification from a bit of a distance. Your field of view is 388 feet at 1000 yards.
In evaluating the Celestron, we feel this is your top choice for the budget category.
- Perfect binoculars for every adventure: A great match for everyone from beginners to mid-range outdoors and birding enthusiasts. The perfect combination of Premium build, portability, and price
- Top-rated glass optics with impressive specs: Fully multi-coated lenses for brighter images, more contrast and highest resolution with phase-coated BaK-4 prisms, 8x magnification power, and 6.5-foot close focus
- Robust, waterproof mid-sized body: Incredibly precise build and design that offers protection from outdoor elements. Features a waterproof/fogproof, rubber-armored, polycarbonate housing. Comfortable twist-up eyecups with multi-stop function ensure proper positioning of the eyes for eyeglass wearers and non-eyeglass wearers alike
- All you need is included: Take this Binocular with you anywhere. We’ve included a compact carrying case, objective lens caps, an eyepiece rainguard, a neck strap, a lens cloth, and an instruction manual for easy use on the go
The next pair of binoculars in our line up is the Athlon Neos 8×42. For the price, you receive quality color clarity and a bright crispness while viewing birds.
The Athlon is comfortable carrying in the field and weighs in at 1.59 pounds, which is slightly heavier than some of the others, but right around what you would expect. They offer good quality without breaking the bank.
The warranty is outstanding with an unconditional lifetime warranty, which puts your mind at ease. This is the most budget-friendly pair for the category.
- Quality for Less! Athlon Optics advanced technology makes it possible for you to enjoy high quality bird watching or any outdoor activitity binoculars with enhanced color and clarity at the best price available in the market with a Lifetime Warranty!
- Durable, all weather waterproof and fog proof binoculars to handle anything mother nature has to offer
- Perfect for the new bird watcher or outdoor adventurer that require high quality and features that are usually only found in more expensive binoculars in the market.
- With our LIFETIME, UNCONDITIONAL WARRANTY, you can stand assured that no matter what conditions you put the binoculars through, if anything ever happens to them, we will repair or replace them for FREE!
- Multi-Coated Lenses deliver brighter and more clear views for all of your outdoor activities
The first thing we note is the Opticron Oregon 8×32 is the highest priced in our budget value category, near the top of the range. Like the others in the category, they are designed for the occasional or first-time bird watchers.
They are of high enough quality, so you are not wasting your money, but you won’t break the bank purchasing a pair.
The binoculars are well constructed, with good performance and functionality for the class. They have a wide wheel for focus and a twist type retractable eyecups that are comfortable for use. They have a close focus of 7.5 feet.
These binoculars are another solid choice that satisfies the needs of a budget-conscious consumer.
- Package Dimensions: 19.1 H x 7.7 L x 17.0 W (centimetres)
- Package Weight: 0.774 kilograms
- Long eye relief eyepieces for spectacle wearers with twist-type retractable eyecups
- Country of Origin : China
The first thing you will notice is this is the only pair of 8×30 binoculars that made our list. If you are considering the 8×30 instead of the more common 8×42, this is the pair to choose from. Some bird watchers prefer these eyepieces as they are more narrow than the rest. This makes them a perfect choice for kids in particular, especially given the price point on them. They are constructed well and hold their resolve when handled in the field.
Finding a good set of binoculars for children is paramount, and we believe the Leupold BX-1 Yosemite 8×30 fits the bill just right. The viewing image is clear and they are smooth focusing. The length is also slightly shorter than most of the other brands. Kids will love the weight as they are barely over a pound, weighing in at just 17 oz. Even will the smaller size, you will be impressed with how surprisingly bright they are.
- Leupold Model #172707 BX-1 Yosemite 10x30mm in Shadow Gray
- 100% Waterproof, fogproof, & shockproof
- Fully multi-coated lens system ensures maximum brightness for clarity, contrast, and color fidelity
- BAK 4 Prisms deliver a perfectly round exit pupil with virtually no edge distortion and a crisp, clear image
- Phase coated roof prisms significantly increase resolution for a sharp sight picture
- Twist-up eyecups and generous eye relief for comfortable extended viewing
- Twilight Light Management System adds up to 10 extra minutes of glassing light
- Lightweight and rugged magnesium housing shrouded in a rubber armor coating provides a positive grasp