Best Camping Cot Reviewed 2020
- 1 Best Camping Cot Reviewed 2020
- 1.1 Best Camping Cot
- 1.1.1 1. Coleman Camping Cot, Air Mattress, and Pump Combo
- 1.1.2 2. Coleman Trailhead II Cot
- 1.1.3 3. TETON Sports Outfitter XXL Camping Cot
- 1.1.4 4. Alpcour Folding Camping Cot
- 1.1.5 5. BYER OF MAINE Easy Cot
- 1.1.6 6. KingCamp Ultralight Compact Folding Camping Tent Cot Bed
- 1.1.7 7. OSAGE RIVER Folding Camping Cot with Carry Bag
- 1.2 Video Overview Of The Best Camping Cot Outfitter XXL
- 1.3 Things To Consider When Purchasing A Camping Cot
- 1.4 Enjoy Your Time Camping
- 1.1 Best Camping Cot
If you love camping, but find yourself uncomfortable sleeping directly on the floor of a tent, having the best camping cot while you sleep can make all the difference. Camping cots are comfortable and easily portable, making them a great sleeping solution.
While it may not be as comfortable or as big as your California King mattress at home, your camping cot can be a real-life saver for a great night of sleep under the stars. There are a lot of reasons for sleeping on a camping cot. Being up off the ground is a plus. Especially if the ground under your tent is hard or rocky. A camping cot also helps to keep the cool damp feel of the ground away. Another great option is using a camping air mattress. These can be used with the camping cot or as a standalone option for sleeping.
We have reviewed the best camping costs and present you with 7 excellent choices. They are durable and pretty easy to assemble. We also felt these were the most comfortable and gave the most support.
In the end, we determined the best camping cot overall was the TETON Sports Outfitter XXL Camping Cot
Best Camping Cot
Sure, camping is fun – but just because you want to be close to nature doesn’t mean you need to be close to the ground. And if it’s comfort you’re worried about, the Coleman Camping Cot, Air Mattress, and Pump Combo is your best bet. This deluxe cot sits off the ground and offers elevated sleeping support, so you don’t have to worry about rocks or uneven ground.
At first glance, you can already tell that its air mattress is built to be sturdy. It features the Coleman brand’s innovative AirTight system that’s factory-tested to be leak-free. With a system like this, it does an excellent job of holding air throughout the night. The extra suspension also helps reduce condensation, so it stays firm for longer.
This camping cot is already large enough to accommodate two people, but you can also separate the bed and cot for double the sleeping space. What I love most about this cot is that it has two optional side tables that attach to the side, intended to be used as cup holders. Speaking from experience, there’s a tendency to misplace things when things get hectic while camping. And the side tables are a great way to keep important personal items close by.
What We Liked
- Steel frame unfolds easily and is built to last
- Great edge support
- Can be used both indoors and outdoors
- Excellent air retention
- Side tables are a great addition to keep personal belongings nearby
- Easy to inflate using the included 4D battery pump
- 3-piece combo: Includes cot with side tables, air mattress, and battery-operated pump (4 D-cell batteries sold separately)
- Superior support: Air bed's coil construction contours to body for better support
- Leak-proof: Factory-tested to ensure air mattress stays firm all night
- Sewn-in cover: Keeps air mattress in place on cot
- 2 side tables: Pull-out design for easy storage includes cup holders
- Dimensions: 78 x 59 x 22 inch
- Strong steel frame: Supports up to 600 pounds
- Max height: 6 feet
- Carry bag: Included for easy storage
- Versatile design to sleep indoors or outdoors
The Coleman brand is a household name in the camping world, known for manufacturing reliable and affordable outdoor gear – and the Trailhead II Cot is no exception. This is a very durable cot. It features military-grade construction that’s made of a thick steel X-frame with 6 legs and 4 side poles. The canvas is thick and one of the toughest in the market. With all these features combined, you can tell that this cot can definitely take a beating – making it a great choice if you’re camping with kids.
This camping cot may be a bit heavy for its size, but it does fold up into a relatively small carrying bag that makes it very portable. It’s a standard size cot but it still has a lot of room to move around, even for larger users. The attached pockets that hang off the sides are also an excellent addition to keep your organized.
What We Liked
- Durable and strong build
- Comes with pockets to store your personal belongings
- Compact and foldable design makes it easy to transport and carry around
- Doesn’t wobble or lean even when while sitting
- Good entry-level cot for amateur campers or persons traveling with kids
- Elevated comfort: Eliminates the discomfort of sleeping on rough or cold ground
- Built to last: Strong cross-bar steel frame
- Supports: Up to 300 pounds
- Max height: 6 feet 2 inch
- Dimensions: 73 x 35 x 17 inch
- Portable: Folds to fit in most car trunks
- 1-year limited warranty
True to its description, everything about the TETON Sports Outfitter XXL Camping Cot is extra – extra strong, extra comfortable, and extra convenient. Because of its large size, there’s plenty of room to move around and can carry your weight well, no matter your size. Its steel frame is also taller compared to other products, so you have an ample ground clearance of up to 19 inches.
Despite its size, this camping cot is very easy to set up. The ends are designed with a pilot arm that locks in fast and easy – requiring no tools or extra force on your part. It’s also completely collapsible and foldable, packing small into a carrying bag with handles that you can easily sling over your shoulder.
What bothers me the most when it comes to military-style camping cots is that the fabric tends to sag closer to the ground when you sit or lie down. But I had no such problems with this one because the surface is incredibly fitted. The oxford cot top pulls tightly into place so you can sleep comfortably throughout the night.
What We Liked
- Extra-large surface with ample room to move around
- Military-grade frame construction
- Top is tightly fitted onto the frame to prevent sagging
- Packs small into a carrying bag with straps
- PIVOT ARM REVOLUTION: Cot setup just became child’s play; The pivot arm is a built-in lever that makes putting that last end bar in place quick and easy; No more wrestling with that fourth corner; Look for "Outfitter With Pivot Arm" in the selector box
- STRONG AND STURDY: Reinforced steel S-leg assembly strengthens the cot and provides stability; Portable folding cot makes camp set up hassle free
- GET OFF THE GROUND: Take the comfort of a bed to the outdoors; Sleep free from rocks and other unlevel surfaces when you use this TETON Sports Cot; You deserve a good night’s sleep when you’re camping; Wake up refreshed
- SIZE DOES MATTER: Larger than a twin bed and supports up to 600 pounds (272 kg) easily; Cot folds down for easy transport; Pack weight 26 pounds (11.8 kg)
- TETON SPORTS PROMISE: Reach out to our AMAZING product support team if you have any questions or concerns; YOU CAN COUNT ON US to get you taken care of and back OUTDOORS with TETON Sports
Want to sleep off the ground but running tight on space in your backpack or trunk? The Alpcour Folding Camping Cot is the smallest and most compact option on the market today. This camping cot features a classic all-in-one design – it has a typical folding construction wherein all the elements are permanently attached and connected to each other.
What makes this cot unique is that its surface is not flat – the head section is elevated up to four inches and comes with a matching pillow that you can strap in to cradle your neck. When it comes to portability, hauling it around is a breeze because it completely folds into itself like an umbrella that you can pack into the carrying bag.
Another feature worth mentioning is the fabric used. It features 600D polyester that’s built to withstand heavy weights and tough weather conditions. To give you an idea of just how strong that is – it’s the same material used for military-grade backpacks. And did I mention it’s also water-resistant?
What We Liked
- Comes with a lot of free accessories, including a storage pouch and head pillow
- Fabric is water-resistant and easy to clean
- Elevated headrest cradles the neck and adds comfort for side sleepers
- Folds up smoothly after use
- THE PERFECT NIGHT’S SLEEP UNDER THE STARS – Deluxe Camping Cot Provides Unparalleled Comfort & Support for Adults & Children; No Need for a Mattress Pad, Sheets or Pillows! Perfect for Camping, Backpacking, Beach, Backyard, Etc.
- LIGHTWEIGHT PORTABLE DESIGN – Weighing Just 13 Lbs, the Cot is Easy to Tote in the Matching Sturdy Nylon Carry Bag/Cover & Holds a Max Weight of 300 Pounds; Sleeps 1 Adult or 2 Small Children Similar to a Twin Size Bunk Bed or Lounger
- PREMIUM POLYESTER FABRIC – Soft, Breathable Material is Constructed in a Double Layer of 600D Polyester for Superior Strength, Water Resistance & Easy- Cleaning; Gentle Incline Promises No More Morning Back, Neck or Shoulder Ache!
- SUPER COMPACT CONVENIENCE – Strong, Durable Steel Tube Frame & Joints Fold Up in Seconds for Effortless Storage & Travel; Excellent Choice for Relaxing on Your Next Road Trip, at Home, the Pool, Lake, RV, Campsite, Patio, Deck, Tent or Cabin
- PADDED PILLOW & SIDE POCKET – Built-In Extras Include a Large Organizer Pocket for Storing Your Cell Phone, Keys, Water Bottle, Toys, Earplugs & More; Also Comes w/ Matching Pillow That Cradles the Neck & Head for Sleeping, Reading & More
The name says it all – the BYER OF MAINE Easy Cot is one of the easiest cots to set up. Its assembly process stays true to its standard folding bed design: all you have to do is just remove the cot from its carrying case and open it up. That’s it; done in seconds with no tools required.
We can’t talk about this camping cot without mentioning its size. It measures 31 inches across which is 4 inches longer than the usual cots within the same price range. And those extra inches really do matter – it gives you just the right amount of room for a guaranteed good night’s rest, but still being narrow enough to fit inside a standard-sized tent.
The fabric on the top is made of 600D polyester which, while being extremely durable, is not the softest kind for sleeping. But this camping cot makes up for it because of its sleep-easy design. There are no end bars near the head and foot or underneath the fabric so it’s comfortable to lie on without breaking your back. The sidebars are also completely covered in fabric, so you won’t have to worry about any part of your body touching the cold steel frame while you sleep.
What We Liked
- Extremely easy to set up because all the parts are attached permanently
- Folds down into a smaller compact size
- Sturdy frame with no-tear fabric
- Wide surface
- Recommended for side sleepers
- No more nights on the ground! Camp in comfort with our simple to assemble Easy Cot. Our sleeping cot gets its name from the fast, easy set up. Simply unfold the camp cot. It’s a great solution as a spare bed for holiday guests or the grandkids.
- Looking for cots for adults or need an adult-sized folding cot? Whereas most competitors make cots only 27” wide, our Easy Cot is 31” wide with dimensions of 78"L X 31"W X 18”H. Not only is it much wider, its a full 6’ 4” long making it long and wide enough for the tallest users. Another great feature for taller users is there are no end rails.
- This camping cot for adults is incredibly strong for its size and holds up to 330lbs. We’ve used welded steel for the legs and 600 denier polyester five-panel reinforced fabric.
- The set up is easy for these folding cots for camping and the carry bag with shoulder strap makes transportation easy too
Shopping for a new cot that won’t break the bank? The KingCamp Ultralight Compact Folding Camping Tent Cot is one of the most convenient when it comes to unpacking and retails at a great price. The entire cot is collapsible, meaning it packs into a very small size with only one relatively large dimension.
What caught my eye right away was its unique leg design. Each leg is foldable and with two contact points that form a sort of triangle shape. But it’s not just about aesthetics – each of the legs has its own locking mechanism to add stability to the frame and better balance especially on uneven ground.
The fabric is thick enough to sleep on, but you can also add a thin mattress for extra support because it comes with two elastic straps that will keep the mattress from sliding off. This may not be a big deal, but I also like that the carry bag can be stuffed into the pillowcase to form a soft headrest.
What We Liked
- The cot is entirely collapsible and packs small
- Compatible with most standard-sized tents
- The storage bag can double as a pillow
- Sturdy frame and legs
- Quality build for an affordable price
- ★【Ultralight & Portable】 Only 4. 9lbs in package size: 14 × 5. 1 × 5. 1 inches, this camping cot is highly portable and space-saving! Wherever your adventure is, this smart light camp-cot can be stored in your backpack.
- ★【Strong & Sturdy】 The frame of the cot bed is made of anti-rust and high strength aerial aluminum alloy with a large load capacity of 265lbs/120kg. The top material is 420D polyester fabric, Ripstop, and breathable.
- ★【Winner of the World-renowned Award】 Thanks to its unique design, good quality, convenience to use, and simple to assemble; The cot was awarded ADI COMPASSO D'ORO INTERNATIONAL AWARD in 2017.
- ★【Large Size】 Fits most people up to 6’2”, Set Size 75 × 25 × 4.7 inches; Good for hiking, hunting, road trip, indoor use, also ideal for office nap.
- ★【Off Ground】 Enjoy the comfort of a bed to the outdoors; Sleep free from rocks and other uneven surfaces when you use it; Don't worry about leaking like an air pad. You deserve a good night’s sleep when you’re camping.
Stylish, collapsible, and straightforward – what’s not to love about the OSAGE RIVER Folding Camping Cot? This cot definitely beats out the competition when it comes to durability. The frame is sturdy enough, but what really caught my attention was the fabric used. Ordinary polyester is not water-resistant, but this one is reinforced with PVC to add an extra layer of protection against the elements – great for those outdoor excursions during winter.
Its low weight and compact size makes this camping cot a good option for minimalist adventurers, but it also has some other handy features worth mentioning. It has 10 legs with plastic caps at the end to maintain stability as well as protect your floors in case of indoor use. The length is already fairly long, but the great thing about this cot is that it doesn’t have end bars – so it can definitely fit taller campers, and with lots of extra room to spare.
What We Liked
- Water-resistant fabric
- Premium materials at an affordable price
- Stands up well against ordinary wear and tear
- Easy to set up
- No bars in the middle to hurt your back
- This lightweight camping cot is designed with tubular carbon steel legs that has been factory teste at 450 pounds; flat plastic feet prevent the cot from sinking in soft soils; comes with a carry bag
- Open cot dimensions are 28 inches wide, 75 inches long, and 18.5 inches high so you can sleep comfortably on your side or back; elevated headrest ensures comfort with or without a pillow
- Constructed with heavy duty 600D PVC coated polyester to help prevent moisture buildup in wet weather conditions; its packed size is slightly larger than a camp chair; weighs 13 pounds
- Easy to use; open by pressing down on the 4 frame joints to lock them in position; close by loosening the same joints while the cot is on its side and pulling the frame cords to fold the legs
- Features a side pocket with a cell phone section, a mesh outer pocket for easy visibility, and another for items such as flashlights; use as a sleeping option for houseguests and sleepovers
Video Overview Of The Best Camping Cot Outfitter XXL
We believe the Outfitter XXL is the best camping cot. Take a look at and introduction video and overview of the Outfitter XXL to see what makes it an excellent choice.
Things To Consider When Purchasing A Camping Cot
There are several things to consider when purchasing a camping cot. The first is how heavy is the person who is going to be sleeping on it. If you are purchasing for kids, essentially all models will work as they will support them with no problem at all. For heavier individuals, you should definitely get one with a higher weight capacity such as the Outfitter XXL.
If you like to support local business, choosing a camping cot from Byers of Maine is a great option. They are made in Maine and help support the local economy in a state that is made for outdoor activities.
How high do you want your camping cot to be off the ground? Some cots are designed to sit low to the ground. If you roll around a lot when you sleep this could be a great option. The tradeoff is making it more difficult to up and down, depending on how nimble you are. Also, take into consideration the height and style of your tent.
Enjoy Your Time Camping
Whether you choose to use a camping cot or not, get outside and enjoy the great outdoors. Make memories with your friends and family while you have a chance to be refreshed mentally. It will do you a world of good.