The Best Camping Hammock For Your Outdoor Adventures
- 1 The Best Camping Hammock For Your Outdoor Adventures
- 1.1 Best Camping Hammock Summary Table
- 1.2 Best Camping Hammock
- 1.2.1 1. SINGLE & DOUBLE CAMPING HAMMOCK WITH MOSQUITO/BUG NET
- 1.2.2 2. WISE OWL OUTFITTERS HAMMOCK CAMPING DOUBLE & SINGLE WITH TREE STRAPS
- 1.2.3 3. KOOTEK CAMPING HAMMOCK DOUBLE & SINGLE PORTABLE HAMMOCKS WITH 2 TREE STRAPS
- 1.2.4 4. ENO, EAGLES NEST OUTFITTERS SINGLENEST LIGHTWEIGHT CAMPING HAMMOCK
- 1.2.5 5. GRAND TRUNK ULTRALIGHT HAMMOCK
- 1.2.6 6. GRAND TRUNK SKEETER BEETER PRO MOSQUITO HAMMOCK
- 1.2.7 7. WINNER OUTFITTERS DOUBLE CAMPING HAMMOCK
- 1.3 Things To Consider When Buying A Camping Hammock
- 1.4 Mistakes To Avoid With A Camping Hammock
Disclosure: When you purchase a product through our links, we sometimes earn a commission. Read more..
Want to know which hammock is the best camping hammock? Our choice is: Wise Owl Outfitters Camping Hammock
Are you looking to get out for a quick day hike or even an overnight but don’t want to be weighed down with a lot of gear? If that is the case, a camping hammock may be the perfect solution for you. Sometimes you just want to go and you want your pack to light. An easy way to do that is to leave your tent behind and adventure to sleep under the stars.
There is just something that feels wild and adventurous in leaving your shelter behind. It’s the spirit of freedom and independence we all love. We’ll give you a little guidance to find the best camping hammock by proving a review of the top choices.
Best Camping Hammock Summary Table
Best Camping Hammock
Let’s face it – the most challenging part of camping is dealing with annoying bugs and blood-sucking mosquitoes that threaten to ruin your sleep. If you share the same problem, then the Single & Double Camping Hammock with Mosquito/Bug Net is a great choice for you. It comes equipped with a durable bug net that’s built into the design and permanently attached to the hammock by forming a sort of mesh canopy over the top.
At first glance, you can already tell that this isn’t your ordinary backyard hammock. It’s fashioned from durable nylon material made with 210T premium quality fabric. 210T here stands for 210 threads – this higher thread count represents a greater density and tighter weave. To give you an idea just how strong that is: it’s the same material used for skydiving parachutes!
This hammock comes in two sizes to choose from: the single version supports up to 500 pounds in weight, while the double design is capable of holding two people with a combined weight of 600 pounds. It comes in a complete kit with tree straps and steel carabiners. Everything you need comes neatly packed and delivered inside a handy storage bag.
What We Liked
- Reversible design
- Built-in bug net
- Heavy-duty nylon construction
- Doubles as a sleeping bed that you can use on the ground
- Comes with a free carry bag with ample space for storage
Notes: Mosquito net is not removable.
- A TRUE HAMMOCK FOR CAMPING: This is one of those hammocks you can actually sleep in outside. Mosquito Nets And Hammocks Combined protect you from all those creepy crawlers which means a more safer and comfortable trip. The compact& lightweight portable parachute hammock comes in an elegant pouch with all its installation tools. Ideal for solo adventures, camping, hiking, backpacking, travel, emergency.
- All THE INSTALLATION TOOLS INCLUDED: Our Mosquito Nylon Hammock comes with 2 easy-setup hammock straps(32 adjustment loops +20ft long combined)+2 carabiners (Single: 2 Solid steel D-shape / Double:2*12KN ultralight &heavy duty carabiners)+2 net ropes at valued more than $22 on Amazon. NO need to buy any other tree straps or carabiners. Save your TIME and MONEY. Perfect gifts for him/her.
- FOR SAFE & SOUND SLEEPS: Love into the wild adventures, camping and backpacking, but hate mosquito bites and pesky bugs? If so, then this hammock with bug net is the answer. Use it as a sleeping bed and protect yourself from insect bites. Best gift idea for camping lovers. Flip it over and use it as a relaxing hammock in seconds!
- QUALITY MEETS ENDURANCE: Made of high quality 210T parachute nylon materials (the same kind skydivers and eno hammocks use!) )and special designed durable bug net fabric(2 times density than similar products on the market). This lightweight portable hammock is designed to accommodate even your most demanding camping needs.
- GET THIS MOSQUITO HAMMOCK RISK FREE: 100% Lifetime Guarantee. Sunyear take pride in top quality products & great customer service. So if you’re not 100% satisfied, don’t hesitate to let us know. We’ll make sure you get a FULL REFUND!
With high-quality features and a competitive price tag, it’s easy to see why the Wise Owl Outfitters Hammock Camping Double & Single with Tree Straps is flying off the Amazon shelves. The package comes complete with tree straps and carabiners that make installation relatively fast, even for beginners. Once you’ve used this product a few times, you can probably get it strung up in just two minutes or less.
This hammock features a typical end-gathered design with voluminous nylon fabric that’s spacious enough to sit sideways or lie down diagonally. The straps on either side are attached with webbing and sewn-in loops that’s intended for easy adjustment. There’s no need to tie complicated knots; all you have to do is lock it into place and you’re good to go.
Despite its affordable price, this hammock is durable and strong, and even withstands up to 400 pounds in weight. With a lightweight build of only 22 ounces, there’s a lot of room to add extra accessories like a tarp or mosquito net for protection.
What We Liked
- Affordable price
- Lightweight and compact design
- Easy to adjust tree straps
- Roomy with lots of space to stretch
- Easy installation and set up
- Fabric has interlocking stitching that adds durability
- Unlike Other Hammocks ours are made of high quality heavy duty 210T parachute nylon. This extra soft yet super strong material gives you the most comfortable and relaxing experience ever.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - So you don’t have to wonder if you are risking your hard-earned money. If you don’t love it just let us know. We take great pride in taking care of our awesome customers. Don’t take our word for it… just look at our reviews.
- We Won't Empty Your Wallet For Essentials! We love the outdoors just like you and we know that the cost of gear can really add up, therefore, we offer the same quality products as other well-known brands for a much more affordable price. Trust us, our gear is just as good! It's also a great multifunctional inexpensive gift for your mom, dad, sister, girlfriend, boyfriend, son, daughter or even the dog 🙂
- Lightweight And Compact - So you can take them anywhere. The SingleOwl (1 person) is 9ft long by 4 1/2 ft wide, weighs 24 oz.(straps included) and packs down to about the size of a grapefruit. Want a bigger one? Check out our DoubleOwl (2 people) that is 10ft long by 6 1/2 ft wide, weighs only 30 oz.(straps included) and is about the size of an eggplant so you can just throw it in your backpack and go.
- Relax Immediately W/Super Fast & Easy Set Up: Tree straps & carabiners are included w/this hammock making set up a breeze. No need to tie any knots. The hammock straps are 9 ft long (not 2 ft like others) and come with 5 separate loops so you can adjust your hammock to the perfect height and comfort level. You can attach them to anything sturdy, like trees and get to relaxing in just one minute! It’s that fast.
From day lounging to overnight excursions – the Kootek Camping Hammock Double & Single Portable Hammock is the ultimate adventure accessory for your next camping trip. It checks out all three items on my list of basic features to look for in a camping hammock, mainly: comfort, versatility, and durability.
Like other products on this list, this camping hammock meets premium standards with its 210T parachute nylon construction. But what makes it stand out is its reinforced design that features triple-stitched seams that prevent tearing and scathing, especially on the middle surface that supports the most weight. It’s also one of the largest hammocks in the market today, with an overall length that supports users up to 6.5 feet in height.
I personally love products that have eco-friendly features, and this camping hammock is one of my favorites because it’s safe for both you and the environment. The straps come with enough length and multiple loops to wrap loosely around tree trunks so it doesn’t cause any undue damage or skid marks.
What We Liked
- Long straps with lots of loops
- Plenty of attachment options\
- Sturdy and strong construction
- Comfortable and large
- Comes in orange and blue color choices
- Enjoy the Swing: Lie down and rest with your friends, kids or lovers, relax in complete comfort under the sway. There are multiple colors available in the Kootek hammock. Large size (118''L X 78''W) fit for 2 persons, holding up to 500lb (226. 80kg).
- Super Lightweight: Can be folded into the small attached sack, portable to carry and fits into backpack. It is a great replacement for tent, sleeping pad, ground mat, swing, cradle, etc.
- Adjustable Tree-friendly Straps: Each strap 10 feet long with 18+1 loops, easily locking the carabineers to any loops which adjust a perfect height and comfort level. No need to tie any knots and not damaging the trees.
- Durable & Comfortable: Made of 210T parachute fabric material, has excellent antifraying, anti-tearing, dirty resistance. Easy to be cleaned and dry quickly after being wet.
- Great Gift: Various of color to select, ideal gift for friends, kids, lovers, father, mother, traveler, beach visitors, tent campers who loves traveling camping, backpacking hiking for a relax. Or hanging the hammock and relaxing on it in the patio.
The ENO, Eagles Nest Outfitters SingleNest Lightweight Camping Hammock is every backpacker’s best friend when traveling. With a maximum weight of only 17 ounces, it’s lightweight enough to carry around anywhere. The best part is that folds up into a small compact design. And when I say small, I mean it compresses down to the size of a softball and fits right in the palm of your hand.
While I personally prefer more space in a camping hammock, this one is surprisingly so comfortable that you won’t even notice the small size right away. The parachute nylon fabric is equipped with triple stitching that offers a great balance between durability and comfort. Its breathable and sturdy construction makes it an excellent choice for all-around use – capable of withstanding the change of temperature brought about by the different seasons.
One of the biggest advantages of using a small hammock is that’s easy to set up. It fits easily around trees or walls that would normally be too tight to fit a larger-sized hammock.
What We Liked
- Space-efficient design
- Folds up easily for convenient storage
- Nylon fabric is soft on the skin
- Easy to set up and takedown
- Recommended for small to average-sized campers
- Overall length: 10 ft.
- Dimensions: 4 ft. 7 in.
- Constructed of breathable, quick-drying nylon with triple stitched seams
- Supports up to 400 lbs.
- Available in your choice of color
Even if you’ve never tried sleeping on a hammock before, you’ll love the Grand Trunk Ultralight Hammock because it’s a great entry-level product with a price that won’t empty out your pockets. At the top of its many features is its easy-to-install design. It doesn’t come with tree straps but makes up for it with small but extremely durable S-hooks at either end for easy attachment. Being easy to set up on your own, you’ll have a lot of extra time for relaxation or hiking.
Instead of the usual nylon material that most camping hammocks are made of, this one features a unique polyester construction that is usually a more durable option. It also tends to last longer because it’s resistant to mildew and acts like a sponge when it comes to moisture – this means it’s incredibly quick-drying no matter the weather.
What We Liked
- Best for daytime hangouts and afternoon lounging
- Quick-drying and moisture resistant polyester fabric
- Lightweight and compact design
- Comes with a free carry bag
Notes: Some people feel polyester material is less comfortable compared to nylon
- PERFECT STARTER HAMMOCK: Ultralight and comfortable, take it anywhere and anytime. Whether you just need to relax in your backyard or take a break during a hike, this hammock has got you covered.
- SINGLE USE: With weight capacity at 300lbs and dimensions of 9'6" x 4'6", the single hammock is ideal for the young adventurer.
- DURABLE: Equipped with triple-lock stitched seams and 2 nautical-grade carabiners to get you all set up.
- EASY TO TRANSPORT: When you are all done using the single hammock, fold it up and place it right back into its carry bag and you are on your way.
- IDEAL GIFT: Grand Trunk Hammocks are the perfect gift for adventurers both young and old. Take a nap, read a book, relax and more with this stylin' hammock.
Here’s the real deal – it only takes one night’s sleep for you to love the Grand Trunk Skeeter Beeter Pro Mosquito Hammock. With a traditional end-gathered design and 70D parachute nylon construction, this camping hammock provides just the right balance between comfort and durability to help you sleep like a baby wherever you go.
Its main standout feature is the built-in mosquito net that’s suspended at a higher height, leaving enough space to move around. It also comes in an off-white color so the netting doesn’t obstruct your view while you’re inside. Setting up and taking down this hammock is easy to do by simply clipping the carabiner to the suspension.
On days when the bugs aren’t biting, this hammock’s reversible design allows you to flip it over for net-free lounging and even doubles as a sleeping bag that you can use on the ground.
What We Liked
- Reversible design
- Mosquito net is thin and doesn’t block your view
- Large and comfortable
- Easy to set up
- Hefty zippers add durability
- BUG-FREE HAMMOCK: Grey No-See-Um mosquito netting hangs overhead and away from you so you can still read a book or sip a drink without feeling claustrophobic. Keeping you comfortable on the inside while keeping mosquitoes and other bugs on the outside.
- EASY ENTRY AND EXIT: Double-sided zipper makes getting in and out of the hammock a seamless process. Triple-stitched reinforcements on the mesh and fabric additionally boost the hammock's strength.
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL: If the coast is clear and you donʼt need the mosquito netting, just ﬂip the hammock over and sit on it as a normal hammock.
- BACKPACKING, CAMPING, AND OUTDOOR ADVENTURE FRIENDLY: No matter what adventure you are on, its got you covered. Two interior storage pockets keep smaller items organized (like the ones in a tent).
- ADDITIONALLY INCLUDED: 2 nautical grade carabiners, starter rope kit, suspension cord, and stuff sack for stress-free travel
Any person who has used the WINNER OUTFITTERS Double Camping Hammock will tell you that no couch can compare to the comfort of a hammock swinging between two trees. Its 210T Nylon fabric construction holds a lot of pressure while not being too heavy. It also offers just the right amount of swing and suspension to guarantee a good night’s rest.
Despite weighing only 1.5 pounds, this camping hammock is large enough to accommodate users who weigh up to 500 pounds. While other hammocks come with less-than-average quality suspensions, this one is a complete package with sturdy tree ropes and solid-built carabiners that beat out the competition when it comes to durability.
What We Liked
- Double hammock size fits two people with enough room to lie down comfortably
- Ropes are sturdy and tree-friendly
- Fabric is soft and breathable
- Comes with complete accessories for set up
- Carabiners are sturdy and can take on a lot of weight
- Comfortably Supporting Up To 500 lbs: This double hammock fits 2 persons, You can lay down with your friend or loved one and you will still have plenty of room. Because of the new 210T nylon parachute fabric, the BACKPACKING hammocks provide relaxing support up to 500 lbs
- Super Lightweight And Easy Setup: The backpacking hammock can be used for camping, travel, beach, yard. You will have everything you need for quick and easy hanging setup. It will take less than 3 minutes to hang your camping hammock on a tree or nearby objects using the ropes, strips and carabiners
- Great Gift: Adults, kids, people who travel, beach visitors, tent campers and fellow Winner - all say they LOVE IT! A great gift for traveling, camping, backpacking, or just hanging it and relaxing on it in the patio
- Package: Includes one double camping hammock 118”(Long) x 78”(Wide), two tree friendly straps(each 118”(Long)), and two solid steel carabiners.This tree straps have 16 loops (32 combined), easy to adjust. You can get the hammock adjusted as per the required height.118” long enough for trees, posts, large rocks.
- Holiday Gift Choice for Christmas, We provide detailed instructions for use and maintenance procedures in the pictures and description, if there are other problems, we will reply you in the first time.
Things To Consider When Buying A Camping Hammock
Fortunately, camping hammocks overall are pretty inexpensive. For between $20 and $40 you can get a decent hammock. Granted, if you are planning on camping in the Canadian Tundrain February with your hammock, you’ll need an insulated quilt and cold weather sleeping pads. Of course, you probably need to see a counselor if that is your plan anyway, so factor that cost in!
When visiting places like Maine, where the unofficial state bird is a mosquito, you may want to consider either purchasing a hammock with a built-in bug net or purchase one separately that you can use with your hammock. If your primary purpose in purchasing a hammock is for sleeping overnight in the woods where there are a lot of insects, they, by all means, consider the built-in bug net. If day lounging is your plan, or you want a place to sit while you are hiking, you may want to consider one without the built-in bug net, which will be easier and more comfortable.
You Need Trees Captain Obvious
Okay, so this should be an obvious one, but you need trees to use the suspension system that goes with a camping hammock. If you are above the treeline or planning on camping in the desert, you may need to rethink your shelter. To keep things lightweight, you could always go with a bivy sack instead of a tent.
Suspension Straps May Not Be Included
Make sure you check the details to see if the camping hammock comes with the suspension straps included or not. If they do not, then you will need to purchase them separately. Do you know what they call a camping hammock without a suspension strap? A tarp. Don’t get stuck without a suspension system on your camping trip.
A Rainfly To Keep You Dry
Just like in a tent, you can use a rainfly to keep you dry if it starts to rain. You can purchase a rainfly specifically for a hammock, or you could just consider using a tarp over a guyline or rope.
Mistakes To Avoid With A Camping Hammock
There are a few tips and tricks from seasoned hammock users that can help you from setting it up to most comfortable way to lay in your camping hammock.