Get The Best Trekking Poles For Your Next Hike
- 1 Get The Best Trekking Poles For Your Next Hike
- 1.1 Trekking Poles Summary Table
- 1.2 Best Trekking Poles
- 1.2.1 1. Cascade Mountain Tech Aluminum Adjustable Trekking Poles
- 1.2.2 2. Montem Ultra Strong Trekking, Walking, and Hiking Poles
- 1.2.3 3. LEKI Micro Vario Carbon Pole Pair
- 1.2.4 4. Black Diamond Distance Carbon Flz Trekking Poles
- 1.2.5 5. Black Diamond Distance Z Trekking Poles
- 1.2.6 6. Black Diamond Distance Carbon Z Trekking Poles
- 1.2.7 7. Cascade Mountain Tech Trekking Poles – Carbon Fiber
- 1.2.8 8. Black Diamond Trail Ergo Cork Trekking Poles
- 1.3 How To Use Trekking Poles
I will admit that I was a hold out on using trekking poles for a long time. Wow, was that a mistake. Now when I head out on the hiking trails I don’t want to be without them and my joints and muscles are grateful. We review the best trekking poles across different categories such as carbon and aluminum. You will be satisfied with any of the choices below based on your preference and budget.
When hiking, trekking poles give you additional support and stability on your journey. They seem to make each step a little easier as you distribute your total weight across both your legs and the trekking pole. This means less impact on your knees. They are especially handy when you need to step over larger rocks or trees helping with your balance. We highly recommend them.
Quick Recommendation For The Best Trekking Poles
Best Carbon Trekking Poles: LEKI Micro Vario Carbon Pole Pair
Best Value Trekking Poles: Cascade Mountain Tech Trekking Poles
Trekking Poles Summary Table
Best Trekking Poles
With so many choices available in the market, choosing the BEST TREKKING POLES is not easy to put it lightly. However, if you do your research and make a decision based on information and knowledge, you may have reasons to choose Cascade Mountain Trekking Poles as a good choice.
This product is from the house of Cascade and they have rich experience in making some of the best trekking poles. It is made from high-quality aluminum material and therefore is both lightweight and strong. It is a trekking pole that is adjustable and has a few other interesting features and functionalities.
To begin with we need to say a few words about the aircraft-grade aluminum material that goes behind making of each of the trekking poles. This material offers the twin benefit of being light and also being sturdy and tough. These two qualities are extremely important when negotiating tough and demanding mountainous terrains.
The trekking poles are compact and easy to use. They weigh just around 10.4 ounces. It also comes with quick lock and extendable features. The comfortable cork grip is also another big takeaway.
What We Like
- MADE FROM TOP QUALITY ALUMINUM RAW MATERIAL
- COMPACT AND EXTREMELY EASY TO USE
- GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY WITH THE REQUIRED WARRANTY AND GUARANTEE
- ADJUSTABLE WRIST STRAPS AND TUNGSTEN CARBIDE TIPS
- HIGH QUALITY STRONG VALUE – Built with "Aircraft grade" aluminum – We source quality material and buy in bulk quantities to be able to offer high-quality poles for everyone. Compare to other brands which save by using a lower quality less than aluminum
- LIGHT WEIGHT & COMPACT POLES – 10.4 oz or LESS THAN a pound - Our aluminum poles provide hikers, walkers, back packers, campers and many more the best option for a light weight strong pole. You will feel the difference when on long hikes or daily walks
- QUICK LOCK & EXTENDABLE: Need to adjust your pole height when trekking up a hill, or a downward slope? Our quick lock will support you during all your adventures, it is easy use and reliable for holding the pole at the desired height ranging from 26”- 54”
- COMFORTABLE CORK GRIP – Cork grips provide exceptional comfort, lower the vibration as you step, and wicks away sweat. Our poles also include tungsten carbide tips and adjustable wrist straps. BONUS tip kit includes: snow basket, boots, small rubber feet.
- WE STAND BEHIND OUR BRAND: Let us know if we can help you with your trekking needs or replace any parts under warranty. Our poles were designed to fit the needs of women, men, and kids hiking trips. Try our poles out for your next adventure!
If you understand the importance of choosing a quality trekking pole that will stand the test of time, then you are in the right place. This particular brand of walking and hiking poles come from the house of Montem. This specific model of hiking and walking poles do offer a lot in terms of features and functionalities and could be considered as one of the BEST TREKKING POLES in its category.
They come in a pair consisting of 2 poles. They are available in different colors and they combine ergonomics, looks with performance. Additionally, they are lightweight, quick locking, collapsible, and are considered to be extremely durable.
They can easily be adjusted and the length can be increased from 24 inches to 53 inches to suit specific heights and needs. The poles weigh just around 9.5 ounces (each pole) and therefore you will not feel tired or run down using them.
They are travel-ready which means that they can easily be packed by reducing their overall size. They are perfectly suited for backpacks, luggage, and also in duffle bags. They also have rubber tip protectors that help in easy storing without damaging the tips. They also come with padded straps. This ensures extremely comfortable and convenient, as well as an ergonomic grip. Your trekking poles will never drop again while you are on the job.
What We Like
- A COMBINATION OF LOOKS & PERFORMANCE
- EXTREMELY LIGHTWEIGHT
- MADE FROM QUALITY MATERIAL
- EASY TO STORE, PORT AND PACK
- VERY GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY
- ✅【EASILY ADJUSTED】Adjustable quick locks allow you to QUICKLY & EASILY lengthen the poles from 24” to 53” in order to achieve the perfect height for your needs.
- ✅【FREE LIFETIME REPLACEMENT PROMISE】We at Montem promise to replace your poles for life. Shop the most trusted brand in trekking poles today!
- ✅【ULTRA STRONG & LIGHT 】Montem trekking poles weigh only 9.6 ounces per pole so you don’t feel weighed down - you’ve already got enough to carry, your poles are here to help you, not hinder. Crafted out of Aluminum 7075 - the same material used to build airplanes. Experience truly strong trekking poles. Lifetime Replacement Promise(!)
- ✅【COMPACT & TRAVEL READY】Our trekking poles pack up easily for storage in luggage, backpacks, and duffle bags. Montem hiking poles also come with easily storable rubber tip protectors, pole connectors, and mud baskets.
- ✅【NEW IMPROVED MODEL!】Strap up - Your trekking poles come with padded straps to ensure the most comfortable and ergonomic grip. Never worry about dropping your trekking poles again.
This is a feature-rich, proven, and time-tested Carbon Pole Pair. It is from the house of LEKI who know about trekking poles better than most manufacturers. This product is certainly feature-rich and we are sharing a few of them below.
It comes with the exclusive AERGON grip. This features a unique core construction that is hollow. It helps in saving weight and also helps with a grip that is rounded and edgeless. You can experience comfortable gripping when using it at different angles. Palming on steeper terrain will be easier when you use this pole pair from LEKI.
The security strap is also unique and is air textured. It helps in better gripping and also aids in more efficient drying and wicking. You also will like the SPEEDLOCK 2-lever locking mechanism. It is arguably one of the strongest external locking systems anywhere in the world. The shaft sections are made from high-quality material. They will ensure lightweight and reliable performance across all conditions.
What We Like
- THE POLES ARE PE COATED FOR LONG LIFE AND DURABILITY
- THE ELD (EXTERNAL LOCKING DEVICE) IS ALSO A BIG TAKEAWAY
- THE CARBON SECTIONS ENDS ARE WELL PROTECTED
- LIGHTWEIGHT, STURDY, STRONG AND RELIABLE
- INTERCHANGEABLE BASKET SYSTEM
- Exclusive AERGON grip features a hollow core construction to save weight and create an edgeless, rounded grip for comfortable gripping at all angles especially for "palming" on steeper terrain. Thermo foam grip material for extra comfort, light weight and insulation in colder weather. Built in 8deg Positive Angle in LEKI grips keeps wrist in neutral position and provides more efficient pole plants.
- Air-textured "no bulk" security strap maintains design dimensions of grip; efficient wicking and fast drying; adjusts and secures strap adjustment without buckles. Extended foam grip for traversing and climbing. SPEEDLOCK 2 lever locking mechanism is simply THE strongest external locking system in the world as rated by TUV, and the only locking systems to meet the minimum holding force recommended by TUV.
- 100% High Modulus Carbon shaft sections for reliable, lightweight performance in all conditions. PE coated, Kevlar reinforced tension cord for long term reliability. ELD (External Locking Device) gives easy access to release the assembly tension of the pole for quick knock down and packing. Maximum tension between shaft sections made possible by internal (serviceable) spring in lower shaft.
- Carbon section ends are protected by machined Aluminum sleeves for extra long wear. Machined Aluminum connectors help to center shaft sections for quick, snag free assembly. LEKI's original Carbide Flextips provide secure hold on all terrain and surfaces for years of adventure; easily replaced in the field.
- Interchangeable basket system allows a variety of different sized LEKI baskets to be easily screwed on/off for different seasons/uses thanks to offset threads that keep the baskets securely in place.
It comes from the house of Black Diamond and therefore evinces a bit of interest. It is made from 100% carbon fiber material which is supposed to offer improved stiffness and joint support. However, this has not been the case according to a few customers. However, it is lightweight and comes with EVA breathable foam grip which also is moisture-wicking.
There are some other interesting features that are worth considering. The poles come with foldable three-section shafts along with speed cone. The rubber tech tips are interchangeable and are non-scarring. It is supposed to offer reliable grip and traction.
What We Like
Made from quality material
- 100% carbon fiber construction. Improved joint support and stiffness. Lightweight, EVA foam grip with breathable, moisture-wicking grip.
- Non-slip EVA foam mini-grip extension. Three-section foldable shaft with speed cone deployment and FlickLockAr adjustability. Interchangeable, non-scarring rubber Tech Tips and carbide Tech Tips.
- Stopper basket with shaft catcher to secure folded sections. Series :Aÿ Distance. [95-110 cm] 350 g (12.3 oz).
- [105-125 cm] 360 g (12.7 oz). [120-140 cm] 370 g (13 oz). .
- [95-110 cm] 95-100 cm (37-43 in). [105-125 cm] 105-125 cm (41-49 in). [120-140 cm] 120-140 cm (47-55 in).
This model #AW 20 from Black Diamond is an interesting product that comes with a number of worth-mentioning features and benefits.
To begin with, it is from Taiwan though it is suitable for use in other countries of the world. Amongst the many interesting features, customers will certainly like the slide lock technology. This goes a long way in improving the ease of use especially when you are locking your pole after use.
There are other features that are interesting. They include the three-section foldable design. Customers are also favorably inclined toward the speed cone deployment. The high-quality aluminum construction is also another important takeaway.
The EVA foam grips along with moisture-wicking properties offer comfortable gripping for long periods of time. Your hands will not feel sweaty and this will reduce the tension of the trekking poles slipping from your hands. The slide lock technology is also a factor that is worth mentioning.
What We Like
- MADE FROM QUALITY MATERIAL
- EASILY FOLDABLE AND STORABLE
- STOPPER BASKET WITH SHAFT CATCHER
- NON SCARRING RUBBER TIPS
- SlideLock Technology - Simply lock your poles into position.
- EVA Foam Grips - Provides cushioning and comfort for your hands.
- Moisture Management - Wicks away the excess sweat and moisture.
- Foldable Shaft - Easy to pack away.
- Stopper Basket - Helps to secure folded sections.
This is another quality product from the house of Black Diamond. This 130 CM trekking pole is made from quality carbon material. It also has a number of other interesting and exciting features that are worth looking at from close quarters. Let us find out something more about this product from Black Diamond.
It is a sturdy, lightweight, and durable trekking pole that stands the test of time. Though it is made in Taiwan it takes into account the needs and requirements of foreign customers and their needs.
Customers are favorably inclined towards the three-section foldable design and also the speed cone deployment. The aluminum ring also is an added feature that may improve the overall durability and protect the carbon from damage. The 100% carbon fiber construction is something that will go well with quality-conscious customers. On the whole, there are reasons to believe that it offers reasonably good value for money.
What We Like
- LIGHT, STRONG AND DURABL
- 100% CARBON FIBER CONSTRUCTION
- THREE SECTION FOLDABLE FEATURES
- FAST DEPLOYMENT IS POSSIBLE
- NON-SCARRING RUBBER TECH TIPS
- EVA FOAM GRIP
- 100% carbon fiber construction. Improved joint support and stiffness. More durable with added aluminum ring to protect carbon.
- Lightweight, EVA foam grip with breathable, moisture-wicking grip. Non-slip EVA foam mini-grip extension. Three-section foldable design with speed-cone deployment.
- Interchangeable, non-scarring rubber Tech Tips and carbide Tech Tips. Stopper basket with shaft catcher to secure folded sections. Series :AÿDistance.
- [100 cm] 265 g (9.3 oz). [110 cm] 275 g (9.7 oz). [120 cm] 285 g (10 oz).
- [130 cm] 295 g (10.4 oz) . [100 cm] 100 cm (39 in).
These poles are sturdy and strong because they are built with quality, 100% carbon fiber. They are also user friendly and suited for beginners. At the same time, they are also good enough for thru-hikers. It is tough and good enough to withstand pressure and can be suitable for withstanding impacts on any terrains.
The poles weigh 7.8 ounces. Therefore they are suitable for walkers, hikers, backpackers, campers and other such persons. If you are looking for a strong pole that is also lightweight, then this could be the best choice.
It can easily be extended and the quick-lock features are also worth mentioning. It is capable of changing the height from 26 inches to 54 inches.
Other takeaways include cork grips and they go a long way in providing the best possible comfort and also bring down vibration when moving through tough terrains and surfaces. It also is capable of wicking away sweat quite easily.
What We Like
- A GREAT LOOKING TREKKING POLE
- IT IS STRONG, DURABLE, AND FLEXIBLE
- IT IS MADE FROM HIGH-QUALITY CARBON MATERIAL
- IT IS SUITABLE BOTH FOR BEGINNERS AND EXPERIENCED PEOPLE
- HIGH QUALITY STRONG VALUE – Poles are built with 100% carbon fiber. User friendly for beginners and strong enough for thru-hikers. Strong enough to withstand the pressure and the impact of any terrain
- LIGHT WEIGHT & COMPACT POLES – 7. 8 oz. Or less than a pound - our carbon fiber poles provide hikers, walkers, back packers, campers and many more The best option for a light weight strong pole.
- QUICK LOCK & EXTENDABLE- Need to adjust your pole height when trekking up a hill, or a downward slope? Our quick lock will support you during all your adventures, It is easy use and Reliable for holding the pole at the desired height ranging from 26”- 54”
- COMFORTABLE CORK GRIP - Cork grips provide exceptional comfort, lower the vibration as you step, and wicks away sweat. Our poles also include tungsten carbide tips and adjustable wrist straps. Bonus tip kit includes: snow basket, boots, small rubber feet.
- WE STAND BEHIND OUR BRAND- Let us know if we can help you with your trekking needs or replace any parts under. Our poles were designed to fit the needs of women, men, and kids hiking trips. Try our poles out for your next adventure!
There are reasons to believe that this particular trekking pole from Black Diamond is considered to be one of the well-known brands. It is packed with a number of features and specifications and we are sharing a few of them for the benefit of our readers. We are happy to share a few of them for the benefit of our readers.
To begin with, the premium cork grip that comes with an updated soft rubber extension grip is a big and important feature. It helps quite a bit in better security and better handling. The new Flick Lock Pro feature along with quality aluminum construction makes the pole lighter. The ease of use also improves quite a bit. The 100% carbon fiber shaft has 3 sections which make it easy to fold and pack. It also has ferrule that is ski compatible and the baskets are suited for deep snow.
What We Like
STRONG, DURABLE AND TOUGH
MADE FROM PREMIUM MATERIALS
- Premium cork grip with updated soft-rubber grip extension and solution strap for better handling and security
- New Flick Lock Pro adjustability—now featuring aluminum construction that’s lighter and easier to use
- 3-section 100% carbon fiber shaft
- Interchangeable carbide Tech Tips, 38mm Trekking Basket
- Ski compatible ferrule will accept 100mm powder baskets for deep snow
How To Use Trekking Poles
Here is a video explaining how to properly use your trekking poles.