Buckhorn Lake State Resort Park is located in the northern edge of the Daniel Boone National Forest. Year-round accommodations include Buckhorn Lodge and three cottages.
The park itself encompasses 856 acres (3.5 km), while Buckhorn Lake, a mountain reservoir lake which serves as its major feature, covers approximately 1,230 acres (5 km). The park is adjacent to the northern edge of the Daniel Boone National Forest.
Top Five Things To Do
1. Experience the relaxing view of Buckhorn Lake from your balcony or the Lodge overlook.
2. Visit our museum and read about the fascinating history of the park and see replicas of the buildings that were where the lake is now.
3. Enjoy a swim at the sandy beach or in our pool in the summer months.
4. Take a short hike on our trails to enjoy the beauty of our mountains and abundant wildlife.
5. Enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner in the Bowlingtown Country Kitchen lodge dining room.
Buckhorn Lake State Resort Park Kentucky
4441 KY-1833, Buckhorn, KY 41721, United States
November – TBA
***December 23 – 30, the lodge is closed.
Lodge rooms available Friday & Saturday. Cottages available seven days a week with two night minimum length of stay.
Suggested Equipment for Buckhorn Lake State Resort Park Kentucky:
The following activities within the park should be done with utmost caution. Make sure that you have the proper protective gear and equipment necessary to make your adventures safe and accident-free. We advise you to read the TIPS underneath each activity to serve as a guide on what you may need to bring in order to enjoy your stay fully.