The Best Beach Umbrella For Wind Is A Must Have
- 1 The Best Beach Umbrella For Wind Is A Must Have
- 1.1 Best Beach Umbrellas For Wind
- 1.2 Proper Set Up Of A Beach Umbrella
- 1.3 Tips To Help You Chose The Best Beach Umbrella For Wind
- 1.4 Go Enjoy the Beach!
Going to the lake or ocean makes for a fun-filled day, and having a beach umbrella will make it all the better. Along with sunscreen and a beach towel, it is a must-have for a trip to the sand. I know what you’re thinking, that it is too big and too bulky. The reality is they are very easy to transport, they set up in a matter of seconds, and give you the shade you need to protect you from the hot sun and the wind. You will enjoy your time at the beach no matter what mother nature throws at you for the weather.
I love the feel of a nice whimsical breeze on a warm and sunny day, but what do you do when the wind starts to pick up and becomes a strong wind. This is exactly when you want a beach umbrella that’s made specifically to deal with strong and gusty winds. You will have the protection you need to sit back, relax, and soak up the warmth of the sun, surrounded by grains of sand.
Let’s face it, going to the beach is a treat. Grains of sand, beautiful scenery, watching the rolling waves; it does wonders for your mental health to relax for a while. Although, it doesn’t take much for a change in the weather to add a little stress.
It takes time and effort to make your trip, so make sure you are prepared for changing weather conditions. Having a trip cut short because the heat of the sun becomes unbearable without shade, or getting chilled when the wind picks up is not a good thing, but fortunately, the right beach equipment can help you stay longer.
Keep in mind, the best beach umbrella will keep you from needing to chase your stuff across the beach, making you feel like a fool. A good beach umbrella will not fall over on you. It’s meant to be there to help keep you comfortable and enjoy your time surrounded by the wind and waves while you soak up the sun on the beach.
Before we start our review below, if you are looking for our suggestion on the Best Beach Umbrella For Wind, our pick is the BeachBub All-in-One Beach Umbrella. We chose this model because of the excellent design and engineering that went into making this umbrella. If you don’t want to struggle with your canopy blowing away due to unpredictable breezes, this is for you.
Best Beach Umbrellas For Wind
We love the design of Sport-Brella giving a feeling of half tent and half umbrella. It does a fantastic job of blocking both the sun and the wind. The unique design has flaps that come fully to the ground blocking more wind and sun than a standard beach umbrella. There is no need to worry about stagnant air building up though because of the vented panels allowing air to flow freely, but at a controlled rate.
Not only is the Sport-Brella one of the best beach umbrellas for wind, but it provides the UPF 50+ protection from the potentially harmful rays of the sun. This includes protection from UVA and UVB rays. Throw in the fact that it is waterproof, and it makes this an ideal choice of umbrella for a passing rain shower on the beach.
One of the features we really admired about the Sport-Brella XL Beach Umbrella is the size of the vented canopy. Let’s face it, the majority of the time our trips to the beach are done with our friends and family, making this a great choice for all.
Having to chase an umbrella down the beach is embarrassing and irritating. The ground stakes and tie-downs hold the unit in place securely, even as the wind picks up. The steel stretchers and ribs built into the canopy help it to keep its shape and continue to do its job in blocking the sun and the wind. No looking stupid with an umbrella that has popped inside-out.
The bigger foot-print and design helps provide a larger area of protective cover for you and your group. It may be overkill for an introvert who always goes to the beach alone and doesn’t need the extra size, but for families, this is a perfect size. This is an excellent value for the price, and no wonder it is one of the most popular beach umbrellas on the market.
- Rugged canopy made of 210 D Polyester with side flaps for full shelter protection
- UPF 50+ sun and weather protection and water repellent, protects over 99.5% of UVA and UVB rays
- Canopy supported by 4.5 millimeter steel ribs and a 5 millimeter steel stretcher
- Telescoping pole with a metal tip held in place by steel screw
- Dual canopy with top wind vents and strong, side zippered windows for efficient airflow
There are many things to love about the BEACHBUB all-in-one beach umbrella. First and foremost is the weighted base, which is filled with sand. If you have ever experienced having to chase an umbrella down the beach because it was not sturdy enough to hold in place, you know how frustrating and embarrassing that can be. Not only does it make you feel awkward in front of everyone, but it can be dangerous having the ribs of the canopy and the pole tumbling about in the wind. The design on the Beachbub beach umbrella is so good, it is endorsed by the American Lifeguard Association to prevent fly-aways. The 7.5-foot diameter of the canopy is a perfect mid-size.
The standout feature of the BEACHBUB, unlike other beach umbrellas, is not having to secure the pole into the sand by twisting it or having to dig a hole and drive it into the sand. Instead, a base that can be filled with sand is attached at the bottom of the umbrella pole, making it easy to set up and holds it firmly in place. Not leaving umbrella pole holes behind that someone can trip over or twist an ankle stepping into is another great benefit. It sits squarely on top of the beach and keeps everything in place.
This creative design with its innovative stabilizing system had been tested affective in winds up to 35kmh, keeping the umbrella in place, giving you safety in the shade. The beach is meant to be an enjoyable experience, splashing in the waves, active fun in the sun, and quality time spent with friends and family. Having a beach umbrella you’ll never have to chase after, which provides shelter when needed it a great investment for your trips to the shore. The BEACHBUB has our vote as the best beach umbrella for wind.
- In 2009 the beachBUB Base was invented in Naples, Florida. Thousands of hours of designing, engineering and testing have brought us to our 2020 All-In One Model. This umbrella system has evolved from input from hundreds of everyday beachgoers just like you and we thank them for their input. This umbrella system is assembled, inspected and shipped from our factory in Greensboro, North Carolina so if you ever have a question or issue we are only a phone call away
- Approved for all beachgoers who struggle with their Beach Umbrella. Recently endorsed by the American Life Guard Association " The ALA has always been concerned about the serious hazards of Fly-Away Beach Umbrellas caused by unpredictable breezes along the coastlines, and we feel beachBUB offers a unique and easy solution that will prevent many injuries and even save lives in the long run". Check out July 2016 Consumer Reports Magazine "BEST OF" for "Beach Umbrellas That Won't Blow Away"
- Wind tested to 35MPH. Sits on top of the beach like a Patio Umbrella stand that sits on a deck. No deep holes to dig or twist screw used. Lay the beachBUB tarp flat on the beach, make a small hole using the beachBUB Sand Gopher, insert the bottom pole and connect 2 wings to form a pouch, fill the base halfway with sand, attach the 3rd wing and finish filling the base compacting the sand as you go to insure that all 3 sides are firm and taut.
- Easy to transport with it's extra large carry bag, padded strap and handle. Umbrella and base weighs less than 9 lbs (Gallon of milk or 12 pack of your favorite beverage) and base folds up to the size of a paperback book. Base weighs 120lbs when filled with sand. Total take down and packing is about 1 minute. Your purchase includes the 3 Year Protection Plan and 3 year frame warranty.
- Now that we have solved all of the setup, stability and quality issues lets really start to enjoy the Luxury Beach Resort experience, on your terms. Checkout the new beachBUB Tray Table System available now on Amazon. This US Patent Pending Tray Table will keep everything organized and sand free. All beachBUB Umbrellas bought after sept 2018 are grandfathered in under our new warranty program. Lifetime warranty on beachBUB Base. Call beachBUB USA for details, 866-432-1976 or info@beachBUB.com
While searching for the best beach umbrella for wind, you will certainly find the Sunphio Large Windproof Beach Umbrella on your list, and for good reason. There are several features of the Sunphio that make it a perfect choice when heading to the shore, the first being the 360° tilt adjustment along with the canopy height adjustment unit. You easily command complete control over the position of your beach umbrella’s canopy, moving it to the perfect spot to provide the exact wind and sun protection you need throughout the day. We can’t even begin to tell you how nice it is to not have to reposition the entire umbrella, pole and all. Instead, you simply use the 360° tilt and height adjustment mechanism. Less work while you are at the beach is exactly what you are looking for, and this umbrella delivers.
The beach umbrella sports a unique windproof 3 layer carbon fiber rib system, which gives you strong protection, and classifies it as one of the best beach umbrellas for windy days. Blocking the wind is not your only goal for a beach umbrella, as protection from UV rays and the heat of the sun are a must also. So let’s look at the unique four-layer canopy of the Sunphio Windproof Beach Umbrella. First off, it provides 100% UV protection, which is exactly what you want. The top layer is your standard umbrella canopy layer designed as your first layer of protection. This is followed by a silver UV coating layer, sitting atop another silver UV coating layer. The final layer is a black cloth layer, designed to protect the two UV coating layers above.
When heading to the beach, want gear that lightweight and easy to carry, which the Sunphio Beach Umbrella is. Don’t let the light-weight design fool you though, as it is easy to setup up and very stable when in place. This is due to a three-pronged wind anchor providing stability along with the screw anchor design for the pole. In the end, you have a beach umbrella that is going to continue standing upright even on blustery days by the water. The diameter of the canopy is a bit smaller than some of the other models and makes for a perfect personal beach umbrella. The carrying case also makes it significantly easier to carry with all your other beach gear. The Sunphio is definitely a strong contender for the best beach umbrella for wind.
Let me start by saying if your taste in beach umbrellas involves lively and vibrant colors, this is the one for you. It will certainly stand out amongst a sea of canopies on a crowded beach, with its multi-colored design. Importantly beyond the style, is a well-crafted beach umbrella designed to handle high winds and provide a large protective covering of shade when it’s needed. The canopy on the EasyGo is huge, with an 8-foot diameter. This is great for the beachgoer trying to provide protection for more than a single person.
While the EasyGo 8-foot beach umbrella is certainly heavy-duty to stand up to blustery winds, and UV rays, it also has the design features you want that still make it light-weight and easy to set up, such as a lightweight aluminum pole and strong but light fiberglass ribs. The tilt mechanism makes it easy to position the canopy for maximum cover against the sun and wind.
The canopy has ample support due to the 16 fiberglass ribs. No need to worry about the beach umbrella turning inside out like a cheaply constructed umbrella will do. The anodized aluminum pole is easily adjustable with a 3 hole locking system backed up by a double-sided locking pin to stand up to windy beach conditions. The detachable screw stake is amazing and comes with a bar handle allowing you to easily penetrate the sand, securing your beach umbrella firmly. Simply insert the pole of the canopy into the screw steak and you set up will be anchored for the entire day. No need to worry about the embarrassment of chasing a run-away umbrella, tumbling down the shore, with a mind of its own.
- 8 foot diameter canopy beach umbrella with light-weight, rust-free anodized aluminum pole with height adjustment options and, easy tilt adjustment to track the sun and maximize your shade
- 16 fiberglass ribs provides enhanced durability and extended protection. Canopy is also vented for better air release to avoid cover inversion
- Canopy is UV coated fabric for excellent sun protection
- Includes fabric carry bag for portable use and heavy duty screw to easily anchor into the ground or sand
Few things are as frustrating as spending your hard-earned money buying outdoor gear for your adventures, such as a beach umbrella, only to have it last for a couple of trips before breaking. The best beach umbrella for wind has certain characteristics that help hold up against the warm sun and gusty breezes. The Franklin Umbrella certainly is one of the best, sporting a commercial-grade, heavy-duty construction with high quality
- RUGGED AND DURABLE COVER : This 9 oz. (255gm) marine grade Acrylic fabric with UPF 50+ sun protection, mold and mildew resistant is much heavier and won't sag or stretch over time than the standard 4.5 - 6.3 oz. fabrics used in other umbrellas . Its engineered for shade structures and features a very stiff, tight construction and a heavy finish to last for long time. This acrylic fabric is solution-dyed with color ingrained in every fiber, resulting in less chance of fading.
- WIND RESISTANT DESIGN & QUALITY MATERIALS : 1.38 inch dia. Heavy Duty Two-piece Canadian Ash Wood Pole offering lasting longevity; 5mm diameter zinc-plated steel ribs; stainless steel springs ; Open Height 94 inches ; Manual Lift ; No Tilt ; No Air Vent
- Weighs 15 lbs ; Folded Dim. (inches): 57 x 6 x 6 ; Use of Sand Anchor (sold separately) is recommended to secure the umbrella to the ground. Type B086H6HQ76 in search box to purchase the recommended anchor which is much easier to insert into sand due to narrow cone shaped shaft of the anchor.
- HIGHEST WORKMANSHIP: The umbrella's rib pockets are reinforced layered to prevent tearing the fabric. This umbrella can handle much more stress and wind than other non-commercial grade umbrellas.
- SUPERIOR WARRANTY: Manufacturer's 10 year fading guarantee non-commercial use and 2 years on frame under normal use. Not covered: unreasonable use or damage caused by accident, abuse or failure to use the product properly ; Umbrellas designed to last for years ; BUNDLE: Navy Blue CARRY BAG INCLUDED
Proper Set Up Of A Beach Umbrella
The Today Show did a great segment on beach umbrellas in windy conditions and the dangers of people being struck. Surprisingly, there are over 3000 people injured each year. Check out the video to see what happens when things are not properly anchored. You will see umbrellas flying everywhere! They also demonstrate the proper way to position and anchor your beach umbrella.
Tips To Help You Chose The Best Beach Umbrella For Wind
Determine The Size You Need?
If you have a larger family or typically go to the shore with friends, a larger canopy umbrella is probably the right choice for you. The larger canopies are typically 7.5 feet to 8 feet in diameter. If you like to go solo to the beach a lot or if most people in your group all bring their own, the smaller 6 feet in diameter canopy may be perfect for you, not to mention they are smaller and lighter.
What Is Your Price Range?
Price can be a real factor when purchasing. Everything comes at a cost and you have to prioritize where you spend your money. Some of the items can cost over $200, and if you have the spare cash, you might be okay with spending that kind of money. If your budget is tighter, don’t worry. You can still get a decent quality beach umbrella for well under $100 that will see give you the protection you need in the wind.
How Often Do You Go To The Beach?
How often you go to the beach will certainly be a factor in your choice. If you go to the beach on a very regular basis, it is probably worth it to make sure you buy a higher quality umbrella that will last for a long time. If you not, you may find yourself needing to purchase a new one every year. It all adds up after a while and you may end up spending more over time by purchasing cheaper quality.
What Style Do You Prefer?
Do you prefer the higher beach umbrella style where you can easily fit lounge chairs under them, or do you typically spread out a blanket on the sand? If you prefer the blanket, you may want to get one of the lower profile styles. If you want the extra wind protection, this is definitely the way to go.
Go Enjoy the Beach!
We hope this has been helpful. We have provided you with some great options and given you some things to consider on how to choose the right beach umbrella for windy conditions that will work for you. Spending time at the beach is a great way to relax and recharge. Now go enjoy the beach!